Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Teachings of Yoda

It has been awhile since the last blog entry. Honestly, there really has not been much to talk about. One thing we all need to do is cool off.

Not to the extreme that my friend Bill Rodman, known to the Raggedy as “Yoda”, has pulled off in recent memory. Bill is more than a photographer, he is a passionate storyteller. He features took him to every corner of the Sportsman Paradise looking for the unique story to cap off the end of a newscast. In between shoots, he would pass some of his Jedi techniques in my direction. One lesson actually came from a renowned scientist, “For every action there is an equal an opposite reaction”. Meaning if an event is happening, don’t just shoot the event get the people being affected by the event. Yoda always had a place in my heart. He didn't have to teach me anything but he saw someone that wanted to learn and I thank him for that.

Even though Rodman isn’t at the Raggedy anymore that doesn’t mean he is in exile like the little green guy from the Lucas movies. Now he has his production company that takes him to the places across the globe. Always the passionate storyteller, still using the ways of the Force through the lens of his camera.

2 comments:

Avery Davidson said...

Bill Rodman and John Connelly are the two best shooters with whom I've ever worked. I learned more about shooting and storytelling by watching them practice their art than I ever learned in college or in my years in broadcasting before meeting them and in the years after they went on to bigger and brighter things.
They are the Masters. We are but Padawan Learners.
averydav

Anonymous said...

OK a hole!!! update the blog jerkwad!!!! July 16th?? Really??? you r BFN!!!! xray