Saturday, September 12, 2009

Boots Made For Shooting

You need a weather forecaster to know what’s coming. This time of year, you’re going to run across some wet weather in the Raggedy. Normally this would call for any assignment that would garner a climate controlled scenario. Unfortunately, we are into the second week of college football and both teams, Southern & LSU, have home games.

Did I mention that both stadiums are outdoors with the chance of rain I the category of “it’s not a matter of if but when and how much wet stuff is coming down”? In addition, both have fields that can get sloppy real fast. This isn’t a good time to get sick, especially when swine flu is continuing its tour across the globe. Rain is imminent, so it's time to suit up.
Camera cover, check. Shamee for the lens, check. Rain jacket, check. Rain pants, check. Boots? Here’s my dilemma normally I prefer a pair of old running shoes but they’re going to get soaked and having wet feet is just awful. Even though there aren’t as lovely as the Daredevil’s pair at least my feet will be dry.

So I work the sidelines capturing highlights for the late news and I run into one of the grips for the TV broadcast. “Man I was going to wear my boots but I didn’t want to be the only one”. I told it’s alight besides I wasn’t here to win a fashion contest anyway.
Mission accomplished, got some good plays for the news and everything stayed dry. Now if you would excuse me, I need check out the seven day forecast.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

no lsu pics??? racism!!!!! xray

Senator's Forum said...

Give some good ones & post them, did you know?

Senator's Forum said...

Give some good ones & post them, did you know?

Senator's Forum said...
This comment has been removed by the author.