Monday, July 5, 2010

First Time on The 4th

For the past 234 years, we as a nation have come together to celebrate our independence from the rule of the United Kingdom through a war of immense importance and a document with the signatures of some of the founding fathers in United States history.

For the past 11 years that I have been in television I have never had to work this holiday. Normally the holiday would fall on a weekend or with me taking the events later in the year I was left out of the rotation for this one. As someone once said there is a first time for everything. I knew about the music and the fireworks that will happen once the sun goes down but to me there is more than just showing up and having one big party to put on television. So once I finished making the cable run for the live shot it was time to find another angle that is sometimes put on the back seat because most see this as just another day off.

No comments: