Thursday, September 29, 2011

Beauty From Mother Nature

In our line of work it's not often that you get a chance to stop and smell the roses. Especially when all kinds of crazy from Mother Nature is rattling everything around you. Thankfully when the chaos was coming our way, I just finished a shift at the asylum. Looking at the phone had to make sure that I didn't miss any call from the desk. Turns out I didn't. That gave me a chance to look at things without having to pull out the rain gear for the fancy cam. There were some impressive sights but roaming along the net I found I couple that really stood out.
Like this one from Frank McMains. This one caught everyone's eye so much that our Weather Team had to flash this one all over the evening news. It's one thing to see lightning but when it completely takes over the picture, then it becomes memorable.

There was also this sight, by Chris Parent, that has made it's way across the social media network. It may never rain in Tiger Stadium but it made a nice foreground for a really cool light show.

Looking at all of this reminds me that I really need to get a decent still camera to capture timeless images, did you know?

No comments: