Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I'm On It.

No your eyes aren't playing trick on you. That is another stand off involving some "Jack Hole" who has decided to lock himself in his apartment and has threaten to kill himself. One guess who has to be there also. Maybe I should be a little nicer. Yesterday in Melrose East, know as "Mall City" be some, a mental case decides to lose reality and keep B.R. Finest at bay. Naturally we have to roll on it. We eventually find out that he's by himself and not holding anyone hostage. But since he has armed himself the boys in blue can't just rush in and get him. Gotta wait him out. But while we're waiting the local start getting restless.

One woman comes up to us asking, "Can I go to my apartment, I left my stove on while I was going to the sto". I know she means store but not only do we have stand off we now have the potential of an apartment fire breaking out. There were more complaints, "I need to get home I got to work tomorrow" or "My kids gon catch pneumonia being out in the cold for hours". You name it, they bitched about. I just wanted it to end and end soon.
Night falls. We set a cut off time. Got Avery D. with me and he has to anchor the 9. We start walking to the car and talk to a couple officers working the perimeter. Word comes over the radio that our guys wants to give up. "Son of a bitch" is uttered in unison. Walk back to our spot. Chief comes over and tell us we got him. Yes it's over. But I don't know what's worse. The fool inside causing all of the commotion or the one affected by it.

2 comments:

turdpolisher said...

the fool inside is definitely worse. maybe next time he'll pull the trigger and save us the commotion.

Oreo said...

Who is more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him (and rolls on it)?