Friday, January 8, 2010

Deep Freeze 2010

With this next blast of cold air getting about to cover the area I start to worry about my peeps at the Raggedy. So far so good, everyone has been taking care of themselves battling the Arctic waves of air while putting images on the tube. However, lets be honest were are not used to the frigid temps down here in the Bayou state. When it's 80 and a little humidity we won't break a sweat but let it dip below 60 and you would think Armageddon was about to rain down upon us. and the those along the east coast who have to really pull out every weather trick in the book. As I peruse the pages of cyberspace I stumble upon this...

The resourceful gentlemen pictured is Jamie Munden, photojournalist of WRAL. And you thought we had it bad. After he and his reporter, Stacy Davis, finished up another live shot for the news who knew that their adventure that morning was just beginning. Frozen temps and and extended mast into the night sky will do that do you. I never thought that a trusty light kit would do more than add a nice glow to the talent. Then I do some more searching to see what my peeps Lenslinger and Weaver have been up to. They have been dealing with the below freezing temps longer than me and they find ways to make freezing weather events very interesting. Not just the usual shutdowns and closures but the good it seems to bring out in people. It you get a chance go check out their blogs and the Ocho's website they wont disappoint.

As for me I'm going find some hand warmers, did you know?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hand warmers!?? R u kidding me?? I havent seen u for 2 weeks, u big dummy!! I hope your keepin that lil squirrell Jhon Luc warm u bum!! xray ted holdin it down while u relax by the heater!!!!

Senator's Forum said...

My pathetic friend. How we for get that when you were on that road trip covering some bad football games, I was answering the call putting on quality tv.

Don't hate me because all heck decided to freeze over during my break.

Besides I think the Meeks and the Turdpolisher held down the fort during my absense, did you know?