Monday, January 4, 2010

Recess & Reflection

It is somewhat hard to believe that we are in the infancy of the year 2010. Fortunately, I was afforded a chance to take some time away from the asylum, not a bad way to start things off. However, it also gives me a chance to look back on the time formally known as 2009. A year where there were some highs and lows. There were some days that would not end as well as days you look forward to.

I had the pleasure of seeing unique people during the past year. From the state’s First Lady to a pair of "new workers" in the newsroom. There was the madness on the streets and in the House that Huey erected. There are my peers gathering video behind the lines and those who protect us on the frontline. Life and art intermingled while I added another tool my bag of tricks.

I remembered how it all got started and the people that helped me along the way. There were times I said hello to some great stories and farewell to some great people. I watched one of my kids grow up in front of the camera while a couple grew closer down the aisle.

There was the opportunity to step in the ring and the chance to do something that would stay with me for a lifetime.

2009 had a lot things go down during its tenure with 2010 only bringing the unknown.

No matter, I have a feeling that it’s going to be a good year, did you know?

No comments: