Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Smoke and Mirrors

There are a number tricks my fellow photographers incorporate to help breathe life into the stories people see everyday.

We have to channel the inner magician within us. However, I’m nowhere near the level of the people who can make national landmarks disappear. However, with a fuzzy wand and a quick edit I can have the peeps at home wondering what just happen.

Take today for example. I’m shooting a story on a standard debate over a bill involving cell phones. Of course, there are the people for and against the bill but when at the Phallus Palace, I try to get the story out of the capital. Namely by finding the people, or the area, that the bill is affecting. Therefore, with my cell phone, some tape, and a couple of creative angles, I was able to put this on the air.

Even though I’m not at the level of most illusionists, I can make black holes in newscasts vanish. Now If I can get a lovely assistant to help with the act. I wonder if Grace is available.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That is just too slick there, Senator.

turdpolisher said...

holy stephen speilberg! did you know?

The Faith Fuser said...

NICE! me likes! -Cline-

Anonymous said...

DUMB! xray

Senator's Forum said...

C-line, Turd, and Tony. Thanks for watching and for the feedback.

And XRAY, it's nice that Sen. Larry Craig let you come up for air, did you know?

sasser said...

Well played seator very nice

Sasser

Oreo said...

Please, Senator, I beg you to talk to your colleagues in the great state of Texas to get me some new equipment so I can exercise those creative muscles again. A few less pkgs in a day wouldn't hurt either.