Sunday, August 9, 2009

Cross The Line - Part 2

Normally when wrestling decides to pay the Raggedy a visit, I’m looking to score seats so close to the action that I could do a run in for one of the matches. However, the stars of TNA and a certain daredevil had other plans.
Turns out the promotion literary opened the doors for us. I’m guessing it is part of their act to be fan interactive. What would you expect when they are prominent on the social networks. Cranking out match by match results in the six sided ring while proclaiming to the world that the revolution of pro wrestling was upon us. This time they took it to the next level by offering Darin Erin a chance to manage one their top draws in the promotion. That meant that someone had to shoot the festivities. Looks like all the years of watching on television and the re enactments in the sports department were paying off.
It’s one thing to watch from the comforts of home or from seats in the arena. It is a different beast when you have to shoot all of the clotheslines and sleeper holds during the event. This wasn’t the first time I was up close and personal. I remember when members of the famous group called “The Band” traveled to Galliano, La., for an independent promotion from the swamp. Some local guys and gals from the bayou were looking to make their mark in the industry. There is a lot those performers have to go through. I wonder if any of theme are still at it and if they made it one of the other indy promotions. That day there were two photographers, XRAY TED and myself. This time I have to go solo but it was worth it.
Can’t give away any of the storyline right now. All I can say is that Darin Erin handled herself quite well. Now if you will excuse me, got to go to the edit bay since I have a lot of video to sort through, did you know?

No comments: