Friday, August 7, 2009

New Art

Like I said before, I’m always open to new experiences. However, who would have thought a brush, a blank piece of pottery, and some paint would be the latest revelation.

It all started when C-Line invited us out and one of things she likes to do is paint pottery. Little did I know how addictive this would become? Go in to the store select your subject, pick some colors, grab a table, then go where your imagination takes you.

However, this is similar to what we do five days a week. We take a glob of clay, or idea, draw out how we’re going to put it together, add some color, then show it off to the world. Only it’s a lot more chaotic.

It is nice to go at a slower pace. Carefully going over every detail of your work. No worrying about scanners, live shots, deadlines, or Pookey and Ray Ray. It’s just you and the pottery.

Now granted, I’m no Picasso but I’ll put my work on my mantle, did you know?

1 comment:

The Faith Fuser said...

yay I can't wait to see it after its fired! -C-line-