Sunday, January 25, 2009

Night on Ice

One of the secrets to life is opening yourself to new experiences. I've always been one to try something once just to say I did it and keep the door open on doing it again. So when the idea of, "Let's go ice skating" was tossed around some crazy thoughts were spiraling in my head. Ice skating in South Louisiana? There are stranger things in this town. So off to Leo's Ice Rink, which I thought shut down years ago, to continue the cool odyssey.

There going to be some surprises on this night. First up, the skates. I'm guessing that there aren't many size 15's around and I was right. Best they could do was a 14. I'm shocked they could find those. Guess they don't stock sizes for Abominable Snowmen. The shock continues when the skates fit. Who would have guessed. To the ice and the inevitable happens.....


.....I'm laid out on the ice. I knew it was going to happen. No surprise there. Thank goodness it wasn't on a pond. Not even Capital Correspondent/Olympic hopeful Caroline Moses could get the Senator moving.
A sore tail was worth a good time by everyone. Alright C-line just get me to the penalty box and I'll watch you get ready for the 2012 Winter Olympics. Right after I get the health insurance updated, did you know?

4 comments:

The Faith Fuser said...

haha i love it...but pretty sure if gracefulness is factored in to my olympic prospects i'm screwed!...fun time though...we'll have to go again when we recover

Anonymous said...

never admit to anyone ever again that you have a "sore tail". C'mon big slob, not good!! xray ted

Senator's Forum said...

C-Line, I'll have to take some lessons first did you know?

turdpolisher said...

glad you didn't fall through. it would be tough around with out you, did you know?