Friday, March 2, 2012

Running With I-TEAM

With the first of four “Sweeps” months out of the way, I couldn’t help but think of how exhausting it was. That what happens when you are called into service for the I-Team. Yeah I know, majority of the stations across the country have one, I like keep tabs with the group over in Music City. The ones who spend countless hours thumbing through an endless number of documents looking for any “i’s” and “t’s” that haven’t been dotted or crossed. Searching for all kinds of impropriates that would send up a red flag in the day to day operations from all kinds of entities.

That’s the role of an Investigative Reporter. For me, it’s a new challenge in the ongoing quest for providing quality television news. I’ve chased spot news, got every kind of ribbon cutting imaginable, and put together tons of photo essays. So when the opportunity came to help make informative stories that require more than a few hours to shot appeasing to the viewer, I welcome it. Little Nat sound, more beauty shots, and an extra camera on some occasions does wonders. Sometimes you have to think outside of the box to get things accomplished.
A lot of energy goes into one of these pieces but the payoff is worth it when everything comes together. Helps when you have great reporter on your side also. Now back to work, the next “Sweeps” month will be here before you know it.

No comments: