Sunday, August 26, 2007

What's up dog!!!!

Nothing new in the world of news. Just a lazy Sunday afternoon so I decided to pay my parents a visit on the other side of the river. Also I wanted to introduce a contributing partner to the Forum, my little buddy Jean Luc. He's a few months old and he is a handful. My mom told me , "She's getting a dog". I responded, "Do you really need a dog?" "Yes son. So I'm getting one".
A few days later, here is this small dog running through the house. "What's his name", I ask. "Jean Luc" my mom says. "As in the Star Trek captain". My mom has always like guys with deep voices.

Jean Luc is a Bichon Frise. A type of small indoor house dog. This is about as big as he is going to get which is good so he's easy to care for. Right now I think he shedding some teeth and he's due for a haircut soon. He's a playful little guy, always running around and getting his paws on one of his chew toys. He's always happy to see you when you walk through the door. Even though it may have been just a few minutes, he acts as you have been gone for days at a time. I've shown some of my co-workers at the Big Raggedy pictures and the biggest response is "Oh, he's adorable".

I asked him does he want to say anything about all the attention he gets. He told me yes, " Let Ms. KN know, my name is Jean Luc. Not Fifi".

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That dog should be with an old white lady!!

Senator's Forum said...

You tell my mom that. I don't want her hitting me.

Anonymous said...

Senator Hollins,

It was a pleasure to read my esteemed colleague's new means of reaching his constituents.

May I buy a round of drinks and steak dinners at Ruth's Chris? I'll have the Louisiana Restaurant Association take care of the bill (of course!).

I make a motion that we resume this session tomorrow. All in favor say "aye" (AYE). All opposed "nay". Hearing no "nays" we'll resume bright and early at 2pm.

Sen. Russell Drewry
Midlothian Turnpike District
rdrewry@nbc12.com

Senator's Forum said...

Sen. Drewry,

So good to hear from you. Yes a round is in order at Ruth's Chris. I encourage everone to have their gift cards renewed. Also the LA Beer Industry is throwing the next tailgate party, we've marked you as attending, do you know?

Oreo said...

If I may, I rise to address the body. I would like to make a substitute motion that we gather at the esteemed Mr. 'Polisher's, one of these days for a good ol' fashioned throw down. He and the STW are the most gracious and fun loving hosts, did you know? They've also got a pool.

Anonymous said...

Senator Hollins,

The senator from the Highland Road District raises a good point! Just make sure that the little polishers are at the grandparents house in Thibodeux, for they'd be scarred for life if they were subjected to seeing such "R" rated activities at their delicate ages.

Unfortunately there are no more miles left on the Delta airlines gift card that I received from Mr. R. Haney. Until I'm able to renew the gift card I'll be unable to attend the fact-finding trip to South Louisiana, did you know?

I miss the friends and the cuisine more than you know, did you know?

Senator Drewry
Midlothian Turnpike District

turdpolisher said...

What's this back room shenannigans I hear. Planning an executive session in my chambers without myknowledge.

The pool is green, did you know?

And the turdlings have their studies to which they must attend, did you know?

The STW will take on all comers, but you knew that.

Rep. T. Polisher,
The Bottoms District.