Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Back to Normal???

That's going to be a little difficult to do but it's a vital step to keeping one's sanity. Last night the idea of mental fatigue was tossed around. I can see it's importance. The impact of a hurricane that crippled a region coupled with the threat of another storm can be trying.

Three years ago we experienced just that.

With that in mind we were able to find an expert who deal with mental stress. Her words just kept replaying in my mind, "You have to find some sense of normality in life". Easier said then done but for me things aren't too bad. My family is doing fine, their place didn't take too much damage and they got the ball moving on repairs. Just about all of my co-workers have their power back. So like I said things aren't too bad.

As far as this story, time wasn't standing still so C-Line and I had to move quick. We needed someone affected by the storm. So as we are driving to find a local gas station out of the corner of her eye she sees a lady sweeping. A really nice lady just trying to put things back together that Gustav shook apart. The gears start turning in my warped mind. Let's see interview plus sound of her picking up the pieces. I think we could make something happen with this one. Besides it beats shooting trees on power lines for the last couple of days.

As far as normality goes for me. I took the doctors advice and met up with some of the people at one of my favorite holes in the wall to grab something decent to eat. Now I hope my gym reopens soon to continue training. Oh yeah, I haven't forgotten about you XRAY TED.

No comments: