Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Sanity

With all of the campaigning. With all of the dollars spent on ads. The debates. The stumping for votes. It all comes down to whom the people think will best lead them this time.

For us however it's the wall to wall coverage during the night. Unfortunately it also mean dealing with the jacks who constantly invaded the designated media space.
It's bad enough you must stay on your island while the "supporters" get to roam around, mainly near the free bar. Then act like they own the place. You try to section off you equipment, the camera, the lights, etc., but somehow the supporters manage move the protective barrier and walk around with drinks in hand acting like they don't have a care in the world. All of this while your are trying to make the person who sold them to their ideas look good on the flashing box in the living room.

I try to keep my sanity. I try not to lose it with the constant bumping of my lights during the :30 live shot. I keep my mouth shut and focus on the task at hand while the mindless dribble spews from the mouths of the idiots who say, "Why do you need that?", "Does this have to be there?", or "I don't think that light will make it through the night."

Alas the results come in and the final live shot happens. Time go and edit for the early show then go home. Somehow I manage to keep my sanity for another election. I hope there's a bigger room and a cash bar next time.

No comments: