Thursday, November 27, 2008

Team Players

After working an overnight fire yesterday, thankfully no injuries or fatalities, I had a strange feeling that it was coming. My lovely assignment editor laid out the sheet and informed XRAY TED and myself that she needed someone to quote, "bite the bullet". That means one of us is going to the airport for the annual busiest travel day of the year story. This was a blessing in disguise, I needed to keep the adrenaline going if I was going to make it through the day.

So I load up the White Whale with the Nubian Princess and head to the Airport. Besides some of the check in people acting like they have never seen a camera things were relatively calm. No long lines, no screaming families, just calmness. Going to have really find something to make this interesting. The NP and I find some stuff and manage to fill some time with some help from the Turdpolisher. Thanks again Polisher.

As for XRAY TED, he had his hands full as well. Pretty busy on the day before Thanksgiving, did you know?

2 comments:

turdpolisher said...

glad to help out with the late live shots. it's the least i could do seeing as you swapped schedules with me and i didn't have to shoot the damn story, did you know?

Anonymous said...

no - but i like the way you man handled the truck. you were king of the live shots!

i'm sure xray would say you fufilled your nightside duties...a live shot with someone elses pkg...

way to go squirt!

-The NP