Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Gotta Go, Gotta Go.

Stand Off. A couple of words that sends chills downs one's spine. Knowing that there is someone evading the cops. Knowing that you will be stuck there until it is over. Knowing that sooner or later that you gotta go. For me that happened much sooner than later. They got him surrouned. Go get him out. They can't. Might be some kids in there and they don't want to put them in danger. So they pull back. Meantime the air is getting a chill. Night is continuing to fall. And I gotta go. Not a decision I want to be in. Do I go and miss the shot of them getting the wanted suspect. Or do I hold it. I pick the latter. Still no end in sight. The guy they want is still inside. Neighbors asking me what's going on. I wish they would why I have a painfull look on my face because I gotta go. All right it's now or never. I call Randy, fellow photographer who tipped us to what's going on. I ask may I use his bathroom, he lives not far from the scene. Come on over he says. I'm heading that way, I see him walk out. Only thing in my mind is I gotta go. Walk up to him and he tells me that some of the lights have been turned off. Crap. They might be going in to get him. No time to tell him thanks for the invite, let alone go handle my business. I jog back to the car and get the camera. False alarm. No entry into the house. No getting the suspect. No me going to do a #1 because I really gotta go.A little before 9pm. The suspect surrenders. After spending nearly two hours in some chilly wind and the need to go, someone is getting on TV tonight. I don't know what you did and I don't care. I will let the Legal System deal with you. Right now only thing on my mind is finding a restroom because I gotta go.

Driving back. I see a gas station but it looks closed. This isn't looking good. I see one attendent outside taking a smoke break while her co worker is behind the glass. Politely, "Miss, do you have a restroom"? She must have seen the pain in my face because I gotta go bad at this point. "Yeah we got one". She let's me in and I make a b line to the Men's Room. Who would have thought that doing a #1 would be the highlight of my day because when you gotta go, you gotta go.

1 comment:

turdpolisher said...

i think you should sneak in an appropriation for a pot-o-gold to strap on top the live truck, did you know?