Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Spike

As the final games at Alex Box are played out, I happen to run into an old friend of mine.It's former lenser and Big Raggedy alum, John "Spike" Conley. I really don't know how he got the name "Spike" you'll have to ask him. Spike is one of the more talented photographers that I've ever met. He could take just about anything and turn it into a good story. There're a lot of people who have helped me grow in the business and Spike is one of my favorites. He would tell me if you can see then find a way to hear it. If it meant using your wireless mic from a distance or your shotgun mic at close range he would come back with great sound for the story.
Now he's manning a much larger lens usually involving some College or Pro Sports event. So if your watching the broadcast and you see a deep fly ball clearing the fences then Spike's the one behind the camera. So for old time's sake this one's for you.


2 comments:

turdpolisher said...

spike used to gel his hair all spikey on top his head, did you know?

Senator's Forum said...

I thought that was the case but I wasn't sure. We need to all get together share some tales of the photgraphers from the Big Raggedy. And maybe we can get Little Johnnie Cornbread and the Butter Bean Band to play did you know?