Saturday, October 25, 2008

Walking Into Death Valley

It is known throughout the football world. Ranked as one of the hardest places to play. A place so loud that it once caused a small earthquake. A virtual house of horrors for opposing teams. As for me the only question on my mind....
....has it been that long???? Has it been five years since I was on the sidelines of LSU's Tiger Stadium, know to most as Death Valley. Indeed it has. The last time I roamed this field was coincidentally against Georgia. I see not much has changed.
The fans come dressed in the usual attire. Purple and Gold preferably.
The place can cause you to lose your senses with high noise level.
And since the field and the stands are almost on the same level, it will do murder on you knees. Good thing I lost a few pounds. I don't know how XRAY TED has done it all of these years.
It was time for the big game. The one that could shift the balance of power back to LSU in hopes of contending for the division and conference championships. Georgia had other plans dealing the Tigers another father taking his son behind woodshed beating. This one hurts more since it was in front of the home crowd.
There is still some time left but things have turn around very quickly. The elephants loom in the horizon. I sense a disturbance in the Force, did you know?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have loved to see pics of xray

love,
stormy d

Senator's Forum said...

I've got to ask, is this the Stormy D.?

Anonymous said...

xray ted is a whispy prick of a shooter. the only thing hard on his knees is the head suit.