Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Down In The Dungeon

Little did I know that an early morning phone call over the weekend would lead to a four day confinement within the famous Dungeon below the PMAC. A place that is known for some of the most intense pick up games in Tiger History.
Why?The NCAA picked the Assembly Center as a host site for a couple of rounds of the Women's Tournament and they needed to stick the media somewhere since we weren't allowed to breathe the air in and around the basketball court. I would show some photos but I don't break any of their rules. There's a lot of heat on them from the cover up.
So I made my stay as comfortable as possible since. Finding a spot near the feed box while trying not to trip over the endless rolls of cable. Having some water close by since I couldn't leave the computer without fear of it crashing. At least the game was entertaining but it wasn't the outcome the home team was looking for.
As the exclusive broadcast came to an end they finally let us topside to shoot some stand ups. This portion of the madness has passed. All that is left now is our brackets. I'll check on those later right now I got to watch were I step since this place is a mess.

No comments: