Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Can't Help Some People

It's less than an hour until the late show and things appear to be calm. That is until we get bombarded by a caller who makes XRAY TED look like a choir boy.

Turns out the confused jackass claims that we are confusing him about what to do about the "worm" virus that is set to release itself upon computers across the world. My goodness he is cursing up a storm while belittling people who tried to help him before.

It's no secret that if you want to be a professional I will try to help you. If you want to be an idiot who calls the station after watching the idiot box then there's nothing I can do for you. Maybe he's just a little misguided, or a raging loon, but I try to help him while having him keep the swears to a minimum. I get him to the site. Tell where the links are to help him and I get from him is, "Now what do I do???" Lord give me strength. After going through the process again I tell him that he is going to have to take the steps to protect his computer. He goes off again then hangs up.

At least I tried to help. But it was at the expense of never getting back some wasted minutes of my life. Will I be nominated to be a Saint? Probably not. Will I lose sleep of this? Not likely. Just have to remember that you can't help some people.

1 comment:

Colonel Henry Johnson (retired) said...

Senator,
If i can get elected Pope, i'll be able to cannonize you a saint. How much is it worth to you? (after all, we'll be moving the Vatican to New Orleans)
Over.

Colonel Henry Johnson (retired)

henryjohnson@cox.net