Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Staying Off The DL

Lately my time has been devoted to the monster known as the OT. Believe me it is draining. The endless number of requests of an assignment sheet that will have you traveling all over the place.
From baseball in St. Amant.

To dodging softballs in Zachary. Not to mention dealing with the improbable requests from the sports desk when things don't go according to plan.

But the biggest hurdle is keeping the aches and pains away. I don't mind shooting sports but when you have to stay put for long periods of time, while lugging around your camera, and that will wear on you shoulder and back. Plus it's no secret that I'm not getting younger. In addition I can't afford being on the sideline especially with May Sweeps peeking around the corner.
For now I'll have to keep plenty of Advil in stock. And remind me to send a thank you note to the person who invented Icy Hot.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

whhaaa!!! I gotta shoot sports!! wwwhhhaaaa!!! Big Baby!!!! keep wit da high schoolers I will handle the important stuff!!! xray

Tony Lightfoot said...

Don't you have the hook up with Shaq? I'm sure he'll send you a truck load of Icy-Hot if you asked him....

Senator's Forum said...

If I remember, how many times were you on the DL, XRAY?

Didn't the EMT's have to pump some fluids into you during, dare I say, the LSU Miami U game? I remember having to come and save ya sorry tail.

Weren't you complaining how sore you were during the LSU Georgia game last season?

And didn't you go to the inactive list after you shot a parade???

Shall go get your Dr.'s excuse now?

Anonymous said...

you r shit!! Maybe it's because I move faster than one mile per hour you miserable sack o shit!!!!! xray

Senator's Forum said...

Little boo boo upset. I'm usually carring your dead weight around.

Don't worry Linus I won't seperate you from your security blanket.

BTW, didn't the hare lose the race? That what's I thought.