Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Senator Who Flew Through The Asylum

Seems like that the running gag of me living here at the asylum has made a comeback. The Fuzzy Mic and I were filling a lot time in the newscast for an extended period of time. That being said, I thought I would never be so glad to the see the weekend. A twelve day run of getting the news can even make the most seasoned photographer go something, something. However I can’t say that it wasn’t uneventful. While handling some extended court duty I took a page out of the Turdpolisher’s book and went on a little photo safari. That's time where you just rely on your two feet, your shooter’s eye, and a pair of good batteries in your digital camera. Downtown B.R. is an interesting sight to behold. It’s a shame that it always seems deserted. Not like 6th Street in Austin or Beale Street in Memphis. Those places are always alive with something going on. But you take what you can get even though I forgot what the downtown riverfront looked like at sunset.
There was one story that really caught me off guard. I remember a couple of years ago that we did a story on the number of strange calls that 9-1-1 operators across the country would get the strangest phone calls taking their attention from the real emergencies. Over in Livingston the center got another one of those calls. Turns out there was a crime in progress but things got a little interesting for the operator on the other end of the phone line.

But enough for now, better get some rest and enjoy the nice weather. March Madness is right around the corner did you know?

No comments: