Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Friendly Voices

It was last Friday. I just finished shooting some high school basketball and had to head over to Ascension to get the local kicker of the evening and the phone rings. The voice on the other end is my little sister, Jennifer Hale. Talk about a pleasant surprise. We caught up on the good times while she and I roamed the House that Huey built and how she loves the new gig down in the Big Easy. Seeing her cover major stories like the USS New York setting sail, the Saints Success, and Carnival Season in New Orleans. I have to admit that really made my day.

Little did I know fortune would smile on me twice.

Fast forward to the present. Fresh off of roaming the streets of the Red Stick I go online to keep track of some of the people that I have worked with that went on to better opportunities in the business. As soon as I was about to click the mouse the phone rings and a familiar voice is on the other end. Turns out it was another one of my favorite people Caroline Moses. Talk about being in the right place at the right time. Hard to believe it has already been couple of weeks since C-Line left the confines of the Raggedy for Music City. And who would have thought she would be taking Nashville by storm in a short period of time. Already becoming a valuable member of the I Team and most recently cranking out the lead story for the evening news. After a nice chat I realize this why I love what I do. Helping people find success while bringing joy into their life and some satisfaction into mine.

Social networks are nice but nothing beats hearing the voice of people you care about on the other end.

Ladies I promise that we'll keep in touch. That being said I have two words...road trip, did you know?