Monday, February 15, 2010

Sweet Caroline

It was February 2007 when we were graced by the presence of one Caroline Moses. Fresh from a stint in the mid west she came to the Raggedy with a ton of energy, an eagerness to learn, and infectious smile. I remember the first story we worked on, when a school bus driver found a lost baby wandering down a busy stretch of road. There were a few nerves but you handled yourself quite well out in the field. From that point on I knew you were going to be someone special. From the running through the halls of the Capital, to dealing with the madness on the streets, to cranking out hard hitting investigative stories that caught people with their hands in the cookie jar. I always enjoyed the time when we are partnered together on the assignment sheet. We would come up with some crazy plan to liven up the glowing picture box. If I was having a bad day you would be there to pick me back up and vice versa. You opened my eyes and while peaking my interest to try new things in life, wish I could have done yoga once. When the cards weren’t in our favor, we managed to pull off the improbable. We kept our focus and we had fun in the process.

I knew this day was coming. The day when another opportunity would present itself, an opportunity that you couldn’t pass up. Now you get to head home and reunite with your family. You get to bring your talents to WSVM where you make another lasting impression in television news. Our loss is their gain as you grace the airwaves of Music City with an unbridled passion to tell great stories that made you so good during your stay here.




You were a pleasure to work with and a blessing to know. You are a good reporter and a great friend. Thank you Caroline, thank you for everything. Just remember you will always have us here in South LA. And if you need a photographer just send up the Bat Signal, did you know?

5 comments:

Lenslinger said...

Great tribute, Senator...

The Faith Fuser said...

Thank u senator. I love u! Please visit me soon:)

The Faith Fuser said...

Above from cline:)

Senator's Forum said...

Your welcome. Promise I'll visit. Love you CLine. :)

Senator's Forum said...

@Lenslinger Thank you.