Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The B Block

As Christmas draws near I can’t help but notice that the blog entries for this month have been scarce. Truth be told my time was being occupied with a bit of mayhem sprinkled in with the holiday madness. The 24th is coming and I can sense that I’ll be among the retailers trying to whoo over the last second shoppers looking for the must have gift of the year. However its days like today where I can really appreciate good television.

With the asylum on skeleton crews through the New Year I had to come in during the day to fill the B block of the six. Don’t get me wrong you always strive to be the lead but you can do some things in the second block. You get a little more time to fine tune your story. A chance to add some more sound maybe throw in a couple of more quick edits. Nothing wrong with adding some lagniappe to bridge gap between the news of the day and five day forecast. Therefore, what was the story du jour?

C-Line had an idea about the open access of pictures on the social networks being easy prey for the criminal element doing what ever their mind could come up with. Especially since the kids are now on Christmas break and a majority of them will spend an enorumous amount of time on the internet. Like I mentioned in a previous post you never know who is watching. This makes you think twice about what to put online and who to “friend” in the world of cyberspace.

I think its time to check my privacy settings on the Facebook page, did you know?

No comments: