Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Time In The Asylum

The 25th of December is upon us again. While families are spending quality time with each other trying to figure out how to put together the toys under the tree, the news cycle keeps on rolling. And someone has to keep watch over the asylum.

I’m always asked, “Why do you work on this day”? Just being kind I guess. The family is in town and I get to see them before gracing the padded walls with my presence. However, there are some interesting stories to be told during this time of year. A chance phone call brought our attention to someone who needs more than clothes for the holiday. Then there are a couple of foster parents sacrificing their needs to bring Christmas cheer to some kids with only a 48 hour notice. And was one of our own was spending Christmas away from home for the first time.

But the big reason I like doing this…..

….I enjoy putting smiles on the faces of my co workers, after all their my TV family. That feeling never gets old. Yeah we could have asked for the day off but we came in and feed the news beast on a day where there is nothing going on but Peace on Earth and Good Will to All.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays y’all.

1 comment:

The Faith Fuser said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU! You are the BEST tv family ever=) --cline-