Monday, September 24, 2007

I can't make this up.

I see our lovely assignment editor has turned on the Bat Signal. Time to go to work. I'm asked can I work during the day since we are really short handed photographer wise. I'm teamed up with the "Commodore" Jim Shannon. He works his sources looking for something to turn and he's not able to find something concrete for today. So later during the day, St. Amant Fire Dept. hips us to a cat with her head stuck in a pipe over the weekend. Say what???????
I'm not kidding. There's the photo. This has to be a first for me. I've shot plenty of animal rescue stories but this is a weird one. According to owners, Orion was chasing something. A lizard, a mouse, a bug, hell I don't know. But this isn't Orion's first near death experience. A year ago a horse kicked the feline thus causing one her legs to be broken. The vet, with no choice, had to amputate causing the cat to lose a leg and one his 9 lives. The mom is frantic, wondering what to do. The dad turns to soap & olive oil trying to ease poor Orion's head out. When that failed it was time to bring in the big guns.
Or in this case, the Jaws of Life. The Fire Dept. had to go in from the other side and spread the pipe to free the frustrated cat's head. I couldn't make this up if I tried. To recap, a cat with 3 legs got her head stuck in pipe causing mass hysteria in St. Amant with 7 lives left. Here's the story from LA's Animal Channel.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

how about teaching your reporter to properly pronounce st. amant?? don't let good enough be good enough!!!!

Anonymous said...

I thought Jim Shannon was a real reporter?? He better be careful or he'll wind up between Greg, Steve and "Bubbles" on that stupid 9pm waste of a show.

Anonymous said...

come on Rob, Rick had 3 pkgs yesterday and 2 live shots plus no lunch and a blog entry yet you cannot update your blog once? Get off your lazy ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!

turdpolisher said...

Now, D. you shouldn't mess with the big man like that. He could pass legislation that would keep you married to that baby-cam for the rest of your life, don't you know.

Senator's Forum said...

The Forum is allowed a recess from time to time, did you know?

Anonymous said...

that's my cat actually. and that was my dad! awww i can't believe orion's story made it this far, lol. my poor baby. =/ guess it taught her a lesson though, right?
oh and i agree, they should learn how to pronounce st. amant, it's not that hard guys..