Sunday, August 31, 2008

Storm of the Century

Hurricane Gustav is just hours away from slamming the Louisiana coast and impacting the entire state. I can't help but wonder didn't we just go through this with Katrina & Rita?

I'll be getting some of the aftermath from the storm but for now it's staffing the OEP center and pick any craziness around the area. The usual spill, the storm is coming everyone should not take things likely.

Those words are not falling on deaf ears. Believe me everyone is taking this seriously. The Red Stick has been buzzing with activity since Thursday. Folks getting out of harms way. Everyone taking steps necessary not to let history repeat itself. Supplies flying off the shelves, generators being purchased left and right. People evacuating were walking up to me asking the best way to get going. I even helped a family reunite with each other after getting separated during their evac.

I got to think about my friends in around the impact zone of the storm. The Turdpolisher will blog when he can as he points the big dish in some bad conditions. Then there's Senator Drewry, of the North Rampart District. I know he'll be fighting the constant rain falling from the sky in the Big Easy. I've got a ton of friends and colleges getting ready for the long haul but remember I'm praying for you all. Guys be safe down there and when you get back the first round of drinks is on me.

No comments: