Monday, August 18, 2008

What's Your Definition

suc-cess, noun
1. the favorable or prosperous termination of attempts or endeavors.
2. a successful performance or achievement.
3. a person or thing that is successful.

All of the above would definitely describe Maria Guerrero. I would love to tell you her life story but someone beat me to it. And they did a great job telling it.

I remember a young girl with great desire to make it in this field. She would hang out in the newsroom after working her shift in production. She would tag along with us to get experience in the field all while being a full time student. Now how she managed to get this done as well as get some sleep I'll never know. What I do know is that it got her ready. It got her noticed by the news director. It got her a chance to write for the newscast. It got her a reporting on the weekends. Simply put, it got her ready.

She wouldn't be afraid to make mistakes because of her confidence to learn from them got her where she wanted to go.

Where it got her was at a station in the Land of Cheese and on the cover of a local magazine. I'm pretty sure that same desire will take her to further places in her career as well as in life.

Maria, I'm happy for you. And if you need a photographer when you make to the big stage keep me mind, I'll be around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Big Rob,

This is beautiful! I am truly touched by your kind words..

Thank you for always being there and helping me navigate through my young career.

Love Always,
Maria