Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Why Couldn't This Wait Until After My Drink?

So after a day of slushing through some ugly conditions for our four legged friends and rolling after one of Pookey's homeys. Time to treat myself with a reward, a nice tall cup of sweet tea. So I hit the beverage stand and bring my reward back to the assignment desk and start to put the day in cruise control. Damn, I just jinxed my self.

My lovely 10pm producer takes a call from one of loyal viewers saying that a bunch of cop cars are near their apartment complex with crime tape surrounding the building. Now my photographer instincts are kicking in. I'm pretty sure that the building didn't do anything so that leaves me with one conclusion, stand off. Man I really hate stand offs.
Now some jack(ass, hole, leg, off - you chose the noun) has done something really stupid and taken it upon himself to put a barricade to keep the boys in blue at bay.
Causing distress to the residents who just want to go home and read the Forum. I'm just kidding but they do want to go home.

And force one photographer to leave his well earned sweet liquid reward back at the station to take pictures of the madness that is about to commence. I know what you are thinking, Senator why didn't you bring the sweet tea with you? Because I wanted to enjoy every drop while thinking of a successful day at the Big Raggedy. So while it's becoming a watered down version of it's former self I have to deal with the jack(insert noun from above) of the evening.

As I ponder if I'm going to be here for the Morning Show, PIO walks up to me and says, "It's ended. No one hurt and he's in custody". Wrap up a few loose ends, like getting a shot of the you know who, with no luck. However I know back at the assignment desk is a nice refreshing reward waiting on me. So with that, Cheers to the wonderful negotiator. It was worth the effort and the wait.

3 comments:

turdpolisher said...

leave it to the senator to find a cute page in the middle of shitville.

Anonymous said...

Representative Polisher,

Of course the Senator found a cute page! With years of experience in the Upper Chamber, one develops a laser-like ability to find the best eye candy available...did you know?

Regards,

Senator Drewry
North Rampart District

Anonymous said...

What was she doing there?? Could you get your head out of your ass and blog about her, instead of sweet tea that you clearly don't need!!!! Details did you know!!?? xray ted