Friday, June 12, 2009

234 Years And Still Going....

It is not everyday that the desk decides to let me walk among the living during the day. I guess she is showing her gratitude for the endless number of info meetings that have been thrown my way. For that, I am eternally grateful since I needed to work on my tan. So in between keeping one of our state agencies honest, C-Line and I are invited to a party of one of the elite fighting groups in U.S. history.

That group is the United States Army. A group of brave men and women who have protected this country for 234 years.

For me this is humbling. To look at people, who at any given time, will step up to the front line and defend us from all enemies, foreign & domestic. To stand in support of people who sacrifice a lot for the beliefs of the greatest nation in the world. To greatly admire a new generation of solider ready to pick up the fight when needed.

So as I try not to make a spectacle of myself while getting the story a solider comes up to me and says, ”Thank you for coming”. I respond back, “Thank you for defending our freedom”.

I know that investigative story we were working on was going to be big. However, it wouldn’t be possible with these guys, did you know?

No comments: