Saturday, June 20, 2009

Spike's Back

While I was strolling through my Facebook page I stumbled on this. Good ol’ John Connelly, better known as “Spike” in these parts. It amazes me how one photo can get the memory juices flowing.

Spike is a rare breed of photographer. A funny wit combined with great eye for television. Not to mention he is the only guy who can leave XRAY TED speechless. But Spike has this talent of drawing you into his stories. You see Spike is what I call a “Sound Junkie”. If there is any way to get the sound of any object Spike is going to do it. Whether, is a raging river or some guy changing the windshield of a car, Spike is going to get a microphone to capture the sound. He once told me, “Buddy if you see it. Then you can hear it”. That thought always echo in my mind when I go put the story of the day together.

So what is Spike up to these days. Mostly capturing the once in a life time sports moments that we watch on the High Def TV. For example, remember when T.O. placed his signature on the lens, that was Spike adjusting the Macro.

Going to have to find Spike and do a little catching up. I’m sure the Turdpolisher would be interested in shooting the breeze as well. I’ll buy the first round, did you know?

No comments: