Saturday, June 13, 2009

Omaha!!!!!

Time has come again for College Baseball’s elite to descend upon the Mecca of the sport. The holy ground known as Rosenblatt Stadium in Omaha, Nebraska.
It is hard to believe it was one year ago that I saw this place with my own eyes. It was one year ago that I stood among the Purple and Gold and their run for a sixth championship. It was one year ago when I got to see a father’s wish for his son come true. It was one year ago that I mingled with baseball die hards from all over the country. It was one year ago that I had this photo snapped of Erin Andrews and myself.
That was cool. You see all of this stuff on the tube but it is nothing until you witnessed it in person.

This time I’ll have to settle for watching the Series on the Big Screen. That’s cool also since there’s some good games on the horizon. Maybe next year I’ll get to go back and see the Mecca once again. However, it is time to make sure the batteries are in the remote and the drinks are chilled. I have a feeling that the Purple & Gold have some unfinished business to take of, did you know?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yet another confused white woman!! xray

Senator's Forum said...

Yet another mindless comment.

BTW, how was the retreat with Sen. Larry Craig?