Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Day After Contest Day

Wednesday was a day I needed to clear my head. Man I wish it could have last longer. It was right before the Sportscenter Top 10, I was just putting on a freshly ironed shirt when, the Bat Phone started ringing. The desk was in need of some big time help. Turns out the cornucopia of chaos was about to ensue.

A fire was rearing its ugly head a historical church over in Scotlandville. The desk needed me to head over there. After throwing the big fuzzy in the car I made my way to the blaze. After capturing some of the action the Nubian Princess was dispatched my way to go live from the scene. Little did I know the breaking news gods were about to open the floodgates, the church fire was only the beginning.

The Turdpolisher was hanging out at Federal Court getting some plea deals on the air. Then there was Mad Dog Mercedes over in Tangi breaking the news of another ponzi scheme in play. Don’t think Bernie was involved with this one. C-Line & the Meeks were dealing with the folks over at the House that Huey built. Another team was sent to the Big Easy for a highly anticipated movie premier while the rest of the night crew was looking for an attorney emerged in controversy and a couple of peeps who got a nice wire transaction.

This is one of those days when it’s all said and done you sit down on the couch with your drink of choice and ask, “How in the world did we pull this day off”? If it was breaking news we were all over it. If it was advancing the story we handled it with style. Simply put, it was a great job by everyone today.

Time to leave all of the chaos behind and unwind from a long day. I got some sweet tea and a comfy couch waiting on me, did you know?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.