Sunday, November 1, 2009

Tricks After Treats

You never know what can happen on Halloween, especially when the moon is full and unforeseen madness can run about on the streets of the Red Stick. It was after a small gathering of the peeps when it happened. A call comes into the newsroom the voice on the other asks what’s going on East Blvd...

As the wheels start to roll in my head I know that at this time of night, along with an extra hour of darkness, this couldn’t be good. Unfortunately, there’s no time to change out of my costume. I just hope I’m taken seriously at the mayhem since the rest of the masked ones are partying the night away. So as I pull up to the scene you would think that CSI had a location shoot.

I’m met with a long stretch of yellow tape, a bunch of markers with the alphabet, and more flashing lights than a Christmas display. Someone decided to fire off some rounds at one of the guys wearing the badge, not a good idea. Thankfully, he’s going to be all right. Too bad, I can’t say the same once the shooter is caught. While being hit with a blast of chilled air I got to thinking about the treats from earlier in the evening.

I was thinking about the Comic, the Cop, and the Champ strolling downtown hanging out with the masses. I was remembering how people would come up to guess who you were, complement the attire, and ask may I take a picture with you. To most Halloween is the second most anticipated holiday on the calendar year. Think about it for a minute. You don’t have to do much traveling. The relatives aren’t dying, no pun intended, to see you. The only requirement is to get a costume. It’s the only holiday where looking strange is completely normal. The time where oddities are accepted by all. The night where complete strangers all share similar views by being something that will catch someone’s eye. There is nothing like letting your imagination come out while having a fun time with the peeps. Halloween is a unique holiday, can’t wait to celebrate next year. Minus the after hour madness, did you know?

1 comment:

turdpolisher said...

halloweens better than christmas. more push-up bras, exposed cleavage, and fishnet. lots of fishnet. did you know?