Thursday, November 26, 2009

Many Thanks To Give

As I sit and listen to the scanners that echo through the walls of the empty newsroom, I ponder over the number of blessings that graced my life. I remember the good things that bring a special feeling to my station logoed heart.

I’m thankful for the brave men & women of the United States Armed forces. You protect us while leaving your families behind for extended periods of time. Thank you. I always look forward to telling stories when you are reunited with with the ones you love. God Bless you all.

I’m thankful for my career in television. It’s a roller coaster of emotion but I enjoy going out to places and telling unique stories people don’t know about. Yeah I have to deal with the chaos and madness but when you get those memorable stories it’s worth it.

I’m thankful for my family, mostly for them understanding what I do. They know that I have to work long strange hours. Lord knows how many times I had to cancel family events because Pookie & Ray Ray decided they wanted to make the evening news.

Then there is my television family. The group that has to work said strange hours with me through the years. The group that works tirelessly to bring quality work to the masses of eyeballs watching the tube. It those that are at the asylum now and those that have dealt with its padded walls in the past.

Simply put, I am blessed and I have so much to be thankful for. Even you XRAY TED.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Be safe and God Bless.

No comments: