Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Don't Be Scared

Imagine my surprise when I heard that Southern University football fans were hostile. Are you kidding me??? This comes from Jackson State head coach Rick Comegy who will be coming here for the first time this Saturday. This is like eating some ribs then saying the sauce was bad. No keep in mind Jackson State's ticket allotment has been sold and their fans are coming to the game.




SU fans hostile????? Now I'm being honest. The only thing the Jaguar Nation is concerned about is where are we going after the game. Do we hit the club or to we go back to the tailgate spot on campus. If I had a choice, it would be to get something to eat off the grill.





I know why he's worried. The Nation is ticked off. Last week the Jags lost a close one to AL A&M and is scared that the Southern is going to take it out on J-State. Think about it would you want to play someone coming off a close loss and still in the conference championship picture.


Also they can't bring their band to the game because they are accused of hazing one of their members. So no band and a ticked off Jaguar team. This could be viewed as intimidating.
But when it's all said and done you have to play the game. So coach don't worry about the fans and worry about the ones on the field. And let the the best team win.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn coach Comeje!! If a little white boy like me can walk thru the entire SU campus during a SU game, I think your fans will be ok. DD