Thursday, June 12, 2008

DESTINATION: Omaha - Day 1 pt 2 "Got To Find The Net"

Getting the team arriving for the CWS, No problem. Finding a good shot of fans excited to meet their Tigers that's easy.

I got a bad feeling something is going to happen and I hate when I'm right. Turns out that connection speeds vary from place to place and here's no different. Editing for the late show time to send it back, connection is to slow. What do we, find a Starbucks. They usually have a decent connection. Traveled with the the Hot Blooded Frenchy Doucet and no luck. No mocha latte to be found let alone an Internet hook up. Crap. Back to the hotel.

We find the GM of the place and explain the situation. He happy to help. We find a connection and start feeding. The effort was there the time wasn't. Couldn't get out stuff on for the late show. Am I upset, yeah, but I'm more concerned that I let my peeps at the Raggedy down. So I remind myself that I can't worry about things beyond my control and that I'll make it up to them. Other than that so far so good in Corn Husker Country.

Now if you'll excuse me, need to archive our video and get ready for Day 2.

4 comments:

turdpolisher said...

so the gaping black hole in sports was your fault? looks like i might have to vote somebody present when the pay raise bill hits the floor today.

Senator's Forum said...

It was that big? I'll take the blame for this one. May have to keep a closer watch on things here. What will work, what won't work. Comment coming on the pay raise issue, did you know?

Anonymous said...

the gaping black hole wasn't as bad as the sports reporter whos teleprompter was on the wrong thing because she was told the story would be there no problem and stuck her head out there on her first night as anchor in a long stretch of nights saying it'd make it... and it didnt!

Anonymous said...

the black hole wasn't that bad - and the new sports babe handled it well - it could have been much worse. it was hectic behind the scenes but it looked like first time on the set jitters to the average joe.

keep up the good work Senator