Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Me??? Omaha????

After 70 years, Alex Box has officially closed it's doors. If you got to go, go in style and that's what the ball park did. But the games continue. Now the Purple and Gold play on for the Grand Prize, the National Championship in Omaha.
Now they haven't been there in four years and they haven't won a game there since winning it all in 2000. There is also another factor, Jacques Doucet. Now don't get me wrong Jacques is good person, knows his sports as well as his 80's music. But it seems like the team that he covers for the Big Raggedy is cursed. They show up, he shows up and it's a disaster waiting to happen. So he is asking for some help.
Therefore they are coming to me. I just found out that yours truly will be making the trip to Cornhusker Country. There is a small connection involving me and the last championship. They must want another title in the worst way. So with legislative powers bestowed upon me I am naming Sena-turd as acting chair of the Ways and Means to Make TV Interesting Committee. Now I must begin to make preparations for the upcoming trip but fear not to Forum will be up and running, did you know?

5 comments:

turdpolisher said...

i will be honored to keep your seat warm in your absence. though it will only be a small part of your seat, did you know?

by the way, how should i vote you on the tripling of your salary bill?

Senator's Forum said...

Have staff draw an amendment on doubling the pay, tripling it on holidays, increasing photographer and other field workers health coverage, and us having every Friday off. Then vote me yes. Researching life in Corn Country, did you know?

Lenslinger said...

Senator,

Though a Southerner at heart I was inddeed born just outside of Omaha. Don't bother looking for a commemorative plaque, though. There isn't one. Yet.

By the way, where do you upload your pictures? I wanna riff on one of 'em.

Anonymous said...

Senator,

Having been to Omaha four times to cover the CWS, I feel safe in saying that if you enjoy steak (especially when it's paid for by either a lobbyist or the station) then Omaha is a great place.

However...if you're thinking that you'll see some eye candy in Corn Husker country, think again. The cattle aren't the only things that are grain fed...Did you know?

And by all means, stop at "Zesto" right next to Rosenblatt Stadium for a burger and malt. Yummmm!

Enjoy the trip, and tell Warren Buffet I said "hello".

Regards,

Senator Drewry
North Rampart District

Senator's Forum said...

Thank you all. Just arrived in Corn Husker Country and working on the next post.

Slinger, I will also help with the commemorative plaque it is long overdue. I have not found a place to upload my pictures but I'm open to suggestions, did you know?