Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Big White Ball

The ancient civilizations were known to worship "gods" to better explain the phenomenon that happen to them through out there existence. Early Japan had Amaterasu, the sun goddess. The Mayans looked to Chacob, god of wind. While the Egyptians had Osiris, the god of water. Each had a major influence in their civilization. Each potentially had mythical powers that could bring life as well as chaos. All had some kind of symbol or image to show their presence among the people. This got me to thinking what was the equivalent to those in the News Civilization.

I wandered through the Big Raggedy parking lot. Trying not to set off any high priced chariots between the faded yellow lines. Working my way past some of the foliage latched onto the iron fences, I stumbled across it. I couldn't believe my eyes. I grabbed my point & shoot camera hoping not to make it angry. This is what I saw.....



A true find in news archeology. It's the B.F.R. It's a symbol that has a big influence in the news world. It helps us decide what the best course of action to take in the news world. It let's us know when to break out the rain gear or should a nice pair of shorts is more feasible to deal with the South LA heat. It's something the producers look towards to fill their shows with numerous live shots or to decide if weather, which affects everyone, will be the lead story. Is it like the Ark, nah you can look at it and live to tell about. This is more like the Holy Grail, only to admired within the boundaries of it's resting place. Yeah I've seen the Indiana Jones movies but is my find far fetched? Think about it, every station has some B.F.R. temple built in the sky. But I don't think there will be any ritual dancing, at least I hope not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Senator Hollins,

That big white ball looks like a cajone that the governor could have used a week or two ago, did you know?

Regards,

Senator Drewry
North Rampart District