Saturday, July 12, 2008

Waiting to Qualify


With the activities at the Phallus Palace finally making it to off season. It was time for the faithful Capital Press Core to move the operation to the South Bureau. As the final day of Qualifying was upon us. We knew the early session wouldn't deliver any fireworks. Just come in set up the lap tops and make sure the Internet connection doesn't crap out.
As for the Lens Trotters stake a place in the office and wait for them to come to us. Usually that requires a quick jolt of caffeine. Ah, I see the good Senator from the Highland Road District has found the java. Good thing they had some brewed since the nearest Star Bucks was few blocks away, if it was still open. I'm a Community Coffee drinker myself.

Just as I thought, nothing to it. The two major players gunning for the precious U.S. Senate seat narrowly miss each. A little game of chicken no blip on the media radar. So just about everything is set. All who want to run for office have signed their names and paid their fees. That is until I felt a disturbance in the Force. At first I thought it was something I ate then I realized that I haven't had lunch yet. Turns out there is new contender for the 6th Congressional Seat. Good thing it was that last day of all this. We could all use a small break since the elections are right around the corner.

No comments: