Monday, July 14, 2008

Welcome Home, 769th.

I've lost count on the number of times I had to shoot members of our Armed Forces being deployed to serve and protect our country. I can see the looks of sadness in a person's eye. I also see acceptance of watching their loved ones go and do service for the greatest country in the world. However in the back of mind I'm going to see these families again and I hope that it's to welcome our troops back home.
Today was one of those days as the men and women of the National Guards 769th came home after a year's tour in Iraq. It's good to see them back on American soil.
It's good to see you come hone to a hero's welcome. It's good to see that a year of worrying is eased with the comfort a safe return and a job well done.
It's good to know that a year apart can only make love stronger. The love of a new bride. The love of family and friends. The love for one's country. To all of our service men and women, thank you for what you do. God Bless you and come home safe.

No comments: